Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Healthy Fruit & Nut Spinach Salad AND Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Bowl

I'm in love!  I've discovered two new amazing dishes that I want to share.  I made them up and was so surprised how both of them turned out!  Amazingly delicious and so healthy.  Chris loved the chicken & rice bowl which is always a plus!

Fruit & Nut Spinach Salad recipe
Fresh spinach leaves
Chopped walnuts
Apple chunks
Strawberry slices
Shredded mozzarella optional (I've tried it with and without - both are yummy)
Trader Joe's poppyseed dressing

Teriyaki Chicken & Rice bowl
Teriyaki marinated chicken tenders (cut up)
Long grain brown rice
Fresh green beans
Baby carrots

Boil the fresh green beans and baby carrots for 1-2 minutes, drain and sautee in 1 tsp. olive oil for a few minutes.  Season with dillweed, pepper and a pinch of salt.  Serve in a bowl - layer rice, chicken and veggies on top! 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment