Thursday, August 19, 2010

Teary Eyed Mama: First Day of Kindergarten!


Well folks, my litte lady started Kindergarten today!  She went for a half day and officially starts full-time next Thursday August 26th.  BUT, it was enough to send this Mama into a teary eyed morning.

It all happened so quickly....we walked her in, gave her a hug & a kiss and then said goodbye.  I don't know what I was expecting but I was hoping to linger for a few minutes and take some pics and maybe hug on her one more time.  Instead, we said our goodbyes quickly and she joined the other first timers indian style on the floor.  It was a blur!  Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited for her!  She is well beyond her years developmentally and will excel.  To all the Moms who've gone through this before, you know what I mean.

These past 5 years have flown by!  It doesn't help that we watched old videos of Brit when she was a toddler the other night which started the tearful process.

Grateful for the awesome privilege and blessing of being Brit's Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment