Thursday, June 24, 2010

Homemade Hamburger Helper



Around 4'ish, I still wasn't sure what I was going to make with the thawed hamburger meat I'd set out for dinner.   Thankfully, my sweet sister called and just happened to mention a recipe she tried last night and loved.  I tweaked it a little and the kids devoured it tonight!

Brooke's version of homemade Hamburger Helper

1 box Annie's Homegrown Shells & Cheddar mac (on sale this week at Kroger for $1)
1/2 can 99% FF Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 pack Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 lb lean hamburger

Brown hamburger and drain grease.  Mix in cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix.  May need to add 1/4 c. water.  Simmer on low for 5 minutes.  At the same time, boil the Annie's mac shells for 8-10 minutes then add 1/4 c. milk and cheese packet.  Combine mac & cheese with hamburger meat.  Or serve separately.  Delish! 

*Chris isn't a fan of onion flavored dishes so this wasn't his favorite but the kids and I loved it!

**I think the hamburger mixture would also taste great over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment