Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Grease be gone!

Hmmmm, what do you do with unwanted grease drippings and how do you dispose of them without an icky mess?

I've struggled for years with what to do. I've dumped them down the drain (a BIG no no!); I've saved them in a coffee can and tried refilling it until the smell grossed me out! Even with the lid closed, the smell was unbearable! Most of the time, I just drain the drippings into a bowl, let them harden overnight and then wipe them into the trash the next day. However, it's hard to get that greasy mess out of the bowl - so you either have to rinse it out with your hands (ick!) or put it in the dishwasher with a filmy substance still in the bowl. Well, my ingenious husband, has come up with an INCREDIBLE way to dispose of unwanted drippings! And it's the simplest method ever! Why didn't we think of it sooner?

Simply line a bowl with a square piece of tinfoil. Be sure it covers the bottom completely and hangs over the sides a bit. Drain the drippings out onto the foil, let them harden overnight and the next morning, fold up the foil and toss it in the trash! Ingenious I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment