Thursday, April 29, 2010

Loaves and Fishes: God's Daily Provisions

God is so faithful to provide for ALL our needs if we seek Him! Matthew 6:33 happens to be my family's verse growing-up. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you."

Every time we would see 6:33 on the clock we would praise God and think about what this verse means. Even last night, I glimpsed at the clock on the stove right at 6:33pm and smiled. From early on in life, I remember how God faithfully provided the smallest thing, even a dozen eggs, on up to a free house for a year and even free cars! Nothing is TOO small for God!

I've decided to start posting a section called "Loaves and Fishes: God's Daily Provisions" so I can share what God's doing in our lives. And from time to time, I'll also share stories about past provisions.

This is actually yesterday's provision. A friend randomly decided she wanted to give Britain her daughter's plastic mat (for Kindergarten naptimes) when her daughter moves up to 1st grade this fall. I asked if I could pay her for it and she said it was given to her and she wanted to pass it along. Thank you Lord for a free mat! I truly feel like the only way to "pay" people back sometimes, is to give to others and share the love! Although the world would laugh, I believe no request is too small for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment