When we got to the check out and the cashier rang up everything, I gave her my pile of coupons and she immediately told me I could only use one coupon per purchase, meaning they no longer take multiple coupons for the same product if you are buying more than one. For example, I was buying 6 Carefree products and gave her (6) $1 off coupons. She said I could only use one of those coupons per purchase. I've never heard of this in my life! So half the stuff I was buying, I made her take off my bill. ARGHHHHH!
I came home and here's the Target Coupon Policy I found online. It doesn't explain this anywhere!!!!! I WILL be going back tomorrow or Monday with their policy in hand. The funny thing is, I've done this many times before and none of the cashiers ever said a thing.
Target Stores Coupon PolicyCoupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores.
• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
• Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
• We gladly accept valid internet coupons
Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
• We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.